Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

web blog 9

Emergent behavior happens every day in different ways and in certain areas. We all experience these emergent behaviors weather we are involved directly with them or we observe them from the outside looking in. An example for me would be we I used to drive home from high school every day. My school was 25 minutes away on the freeway and in the mornings around eight o’clock I would experience traffic jam. This traffic jam would be considered an emergent behavior. Everyone had a place to be and was in a rush for their individual reasons. With this being said, people started making dumb and aggressive driving moves. This only led to the roads being more cluttered and confusing. The roads were designed to only handle so much traffic at one time. At this certain time in the day there was an overload causing backup. From my perspective the traffic is moving slow because of the other peoples bad driving, but the perspective of the other drives is my driving is bad. Maybe it’s not that anyone’s driving is bad but it’s just the systems fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment