Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Web blog 6

When it comes to twitter I like to think that I am a pro when using this particular social networking service. My twitter literacy is basically as high as it can possible reach. I have been a member on twitter since September 8, 2009 and obtain 280 followers. It is safe to say that twitter is evolving at rapid speeds. When I joined in 2009 i only had about 15 friends from my hometown using twitter. Today I would say about 150 of my followers are from my hometown. In my opinion I think that twitter will surpass facebook in the popularity rank among social networks. I would sum the 21st century literacy skills to be “weak.” The reason it is “weak” is because we don’t teach the future we teach the past in school and institutions. It is a bad thing when a student checks his twitter during class but in reality the youth gets its media and news from twitter. History classes should use these networking sites to pass news and knowledge. To me technology, participatory cultures, and 21st century literacy are all related in some way. I think the tech can bring cultures together to show their similarities and the literacy is the gateway between them both.



this video shows that twitter is everywhere and connects people to others peoples daily lifes.

No comments:

Post a Comment